May 29, 2019
It sits in an unassuming location on West 28th Street, just upstairs from a wholesale import/export company in the NoMad neighborhood. And yet, its influence on modern theater and the entertainment industry in general can’t be overstated. TADA! Youth Theater has produced such alumni as Kerry Washington (Emmy and Golden Globe winning star of stage screen and television), Josh Peck (of Drake and Josh) and Jordan Peele (one-half of comedy duo Key and Peele, and more recently the Oscar-winning writer/director of the film Get Out).
Offering a wide range of learning opportunities for young talent, TADA! is on a mission to “inspire young people from different backgrounds to be creative and to learn and think differently through high-quality musical theater productions and educational programs.” It accomplishes its mission by hosting several original stage productions per year for children, youth, and family audiences, an array of summer camps, plus an ongoing schedule of workshops, classes, and day camps throughout the year. All of its programs are designed to build creativity, confidence and problem-solving skills in young people, most of whom will take these skills into their daily lives as adults—and a few of which, like Peele, Washington and Peck, will become stars.
The summer of 2019 is shaping up to be a busy one for TADA! Here’s just a sampling of what it has in store, according to its website:
- Game Changers—an original musical for family audiences scheduled to run from July 10th – August 1st. (Tickets available here.)
- Rising Star Workshops—a series of 1.5-hour intensives for young people to enhance their theatrical skills each Monday evening in June.
- Summer Camps 2019—A broad selection of week-long camps for various age groups, held in several locations across NYC.
- One-Day Camps—A series of day-long intensives held throughout the month of June.
Open House June 8th, 2019
For parents and children who are interested in learning more about TADA!’s upcoming summer camps and fall classes, the organization invites you to attend a free Open House on Saturday, June 8th. Information for different age groups will be presented as follows:
- Ages 4-5: 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Ages 6-8: 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Ages 9-12: 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
To register for the free Open House, click here.
Support the Arts and the Community
If you’re looking for a meaningful way to give back to the community, TADA! Youth Theater is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit corporation, and all donations are tax-deductible. Consider supporting our city’s up-and-coming talent with a donation to this dynamic youth theater. Donations can be made online via its website.
TADA! Youth Theater
15 West 28th Street, 2nd and 3rd Floors
New York, NY 10001